The symptoms of PTSD can effect everday life in so many ways. It used to be it was just associated with veterans post combat, but now it is known to be caused by more day to day events. I am trained to use Clinical Hypnotherapy and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing or EMDR to help relieve the symptoms so that you can be released from the past and move on.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can develop after a very stressful, frightening or distressing event, or after a prolonged traumatic experience.
Types of events that can lead to PTSD include:
- serious accidents
- physical or sexual assault
- abuse, including childhood or domestic abuse
- exposure to traumatic events at work, including remote exposure
- serious health problems, such as being admitted to intensive care
- childbirth experiences, such as losing a baby
- war and conflict
It is not usually related to situations that are simply upsetting, such as divorce, job loss or failing exams.